Our school ethos is framed as the ‘Ribblesdale Way’
This is the agreed set of values that all members of our community adhere to in a mutually respectful and supportive way, where every pupil is encouraged to take responsibility for themselves and value the contribution of others.
The R.I.B.B.I.E Way
Respect for each other and the school environment
Inspire others and set a good example
Be proud of your achievements and your school
Be kind, supportive and helpful
Invest in your future through hard work
Effectively communicate and show self-control
- Behave sensibly and be respectful to other people.
- Wear the correct school uniform and make sure you are always smart.
- Remove coats, hats and scarfs when inside the school.
- When moving around school do so quickly, quietly and in an orderly fashion.
- Don't bring lighters, cigarettes, knives or dangerous items into school.
- Make sure all electronic items (e.g. mobile phones) are switched off when you come into school.
- Stay in school during the day.
- If you are ill, report to student services and they will contact home.
- Eat food only in dining areas – Keep your school tidy and litter free!
- Follow any instructions given by a member of staff, without question!
- Always bring the correct equipment to school for the subjects you have that day.
- When instructed – enter classrooms quietly and remove your coat.
- Once in the classroom, remain standing behind your places until told to sit down.
- Once sat down, quietly get equipment out ready to start the lesson.
- If a member of staff enters the classroom, stand and remain in silence until told to sit down.
- Listen carefully at all times and follow the teacher's instructions.
- Start work promptly and concentrate!
- Do not disrupt the learning in the classroom at any time.
- When answering questions put your hand up and wait until given permission to speak.
- Try your best before asking for help but if you need assistance, be patient and ask politely. The bell is for the teachers not for pupils.