Our school ethos is framed as the ‘Ribblesdale Way’.
This is the agreed set of values that all members of our community adhere to in a mutually respectful and supportive way, where every pupil is encouraged to take responsibility for themselves and value the contribution of others.
The Ribblesdale Way
- Behave sensibly and be respectful to other people.
- Wear the correct school uniform and make sure you are always smart.
- Remove coats, hats and scarfs when inside the school.
- When moving around school, do so quickly, quietly and in an orderly fashion.
- Don’t bring lighters, cigarettes, knives or dangerous items into school.
- Make sure all electronic items (e.g. mobile phones) are switched off when you come into school.
- Stay in school during the day.
- If you are ill, report to student services and they will contact home.
- Eat food only in dining areas – keep your school tidy and litter free!
- Follow any instructions given by a member of staff, without question!
- Always bring the correct equipment to school for the subjects you have that day.
- When instructed, enter classrooms quietly and remove your coat.
- Once in the classroom, remain standing behind your places until told to sit down.
- Once sat down, quietly get equipment out ready to start the lesson.
- If a member of staff enters the classroom, stand and remain in silence until told to sit down.
- Listen carefully at all times and follow the teacher’s instructions.
- Start work promptly and concentrate!
- Do not disrupt the learning in the classroom at any time.
- When answering questions, put your hand up and wait until given permission to speak.
- Try your best before asking for help but if you need assistance, be patient and ask politely. The bell is for the teachers not for pupils.